SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
HEALTH SECTOR REFORM PROJECT – PHASE 2
IBRD Loan No. 4760RO
PROCUREMENT OF LABORATORY EQUIPMENT
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in UN Development Business issue no.651 of March 31, 2005.
2. The Romanian Government on behalf of the Ministry of Health has received a Loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and a loan from the European Investment Bank toward the cost of the Health Sector Reform Project – Phase II and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of these loans to payments under the contract resulting from this IFB: “Procurement of Laboratory Equipment”.
3. The Project Management Unit – APL2 within the Ministry of Health now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for procurement of:
Item 1. Blood Gas and Electrolyte Analyzer – 61 pieces, including consumables and supplies (i.e. cartridges, solutions, sparing tubing and capillary tubes and other if needed) needed to perform at least 600 samples per month per piece of equipment during 24 months following installation and including also the training in use of the equipment supplied.
The equipment will be delivered and installed at 59 hospitals. The bids will be evaluated for all items and the contract will be awarded to the bidder whose bid was determined to be the lowest evaluated bid. The time allowed for delivery, installation and achieve acceptance of the equipment is of 15 weeks from the effective date of the Contract.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, May 2004 edition and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Project Management Unit – APL2, and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address (1) given below from 10:00 to 16:00 hours local time on all working days, starting with June 17, 2009.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
(i) During the past 5 years the Bidder must have completed at least two (2) contracts involving supply of medical equipment and provision of - either directly or through an authorized local Agent - After Sales Maintenance services for medical equipment for which this invitation for Bids is issued. In order to demonstrate it meets the experience requirement the Bidder shall furnish detailed information regarding contracts completed: purchaser name and address, country, name and object of the contract, date of contract completion, equipment supplied, contract amount, contract role (prime supplier, subcontractor, partner in Joint Venture) and percent of the contract value undertaken by subcontract.
(ii) The Bidder or its authorized Agent(s) must be equipped and able to carry out the warranty services/after sales maintenance services and spare parts-stocking prescribed in the Conditions of Contract and/or Technical Specifications or the Bidder must prove that will be represented in Romania by an authorized Agent equipped and able to carry out the warranty services/after sales maintenance services and spare parts-stocking, if awarded the contract, as evidenced by services agreements or contracts for the offered equipment signed with authorized Agent(s) in Romania before the deadline for bids submission (i.e. copies of the relevant pages of service agreements or contracts excepting price information). The Bidder must furnish as part of its Bid documentary evidence in order to prove it meets the requirement and must provide details regarding its or service authorized Agent(s) available resources, service staff, spare parts warehouse, point of contact, address, telephone and fax number.
(iii) The Bidder must have the financial capability to assume the responsibility for the proposed contract as evidenced by an annual average turnover of not less than EUR 4,500,000 or its equivalent over the past three (3) years (i.e. 2006, 2007, 2008).
The Bidder shall furnish, as part of its bid, such documentary evidence, in the form of audited financial statement or balance sheet endorsed by authorized accountant, demonstrating the annual turnover for each of the last three (3) years.
(iv) The local Bidders must have no outstanding taxes due to the Romanian authorities (i.e. state budget). A legalized copy or the original of the certificate issued by the National Agency of Fiscal Administration office will be provided in this respect.
A margin of preference for eligible national contractors shall not be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased starting on June 17, 2009 by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the address (1) below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of EUR 100 or equivalent in local currency (RON) at the National Bank of Romania exchange rate valid on the date of payment, in the form of cashier’s check or a direct deposit/transfer in favor of the Project Management Unit – APL2 within the Ministry of Health (Unitatea de Management a Proiectului – APL2, Ministerul Sanatatii), Fiscal Code 15852060. Payments in RON shall be made in the account no. RO43RZBR0000060006770898 and payments in EUR shall be made in account no. RO55RZBR0000060006769324, opened with the Raiffeisen Bank – Piata Alba Iulia Branch, 4, Decebal Blvd., Bl. S11, Sector 3, Bucharest, Swift Code RZBRROBU. All the bank charges shall be borne by the bidder. The Bidding Documents will be delivered in hard-copy directly by hand to the prospective bidders representatives at the premises of the Project Management Unit –– APL2 at the address (1) below or to the special courier nominated by the Bidder to pick up the Bidding Documents from the PMU – APL2 premises, if so specified in the written application and if the mailing transport is previously ordered by the Bidder on his expenses. Under no circumstances shall the Project Management Unit – APL2 within the Ministry of Health be responsible to order or to pay the mailing transport of the Bidding Documents or for any late delivery or loss of the Bidding Documents mailed by special courier nominated by the prospective Bidder.
8. Bids must be delivered to the address (1) below at or before 15:00 hours local time on August 3, 2009. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address (2) below at 15:00 hours local time on August 3, 2009. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in the Bidding Documents.
9. The address (1) referred to above is:
Ministry of Health
Project Management Unit – APL2
Attn: Mr. Francisc Czobor, PMU Director
Mr. Sorin Ivan, Procurement Expert
1-3 Cristian Popisteanu St., 2nd floor, room 235, postal code 010024, Sector 1
Phone: +40 (21) 307 26 41; +40 (21) 307 25 90
Fax: +40 (21) 307 25 87
The address (2) referred to above is:
Ministry of Health
1-3 Cristian Popisteanu St., 2nd floor, room 225A (conference room),
postal code 010024, Sector 1